We recently got back from an awesome weekend in the Poconos and I got to have one of the BEST times in a long time at Aquatopia at Camelback Resort. Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark is located at the base of Camelback Mountain in Tannersville, Pennsylvania. The 453 suite lodge is coupled with the largest indoor family entertainment center and indoor waterpark in the Northeast. With Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark complementing the existing seasonal outdoor waterpark, skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing, ziplining, treetops obstacle course, alpine mountain coaster and more, Camelback Resort offers more year-round excitement in one location than any other mountain resort in the country. Today I want to focus on Aquatopia because it was a Monster’s dream come true!
You are not going to believe how much the park has to offer. Here are just a few of my favorites:
• Starting with a heart-pounding drop, riders speed down an enclosed serpentine flume before they are injected into a 16-foot sphere where they bank around 90-degree turns, and finally are plunged back into darkness. Next, riders will be propelled back into the rushing waters where they will experience wall crawling Zero-G oscillations before being swallowed and spit back out into a plunge pool below. This over 600 feet fully enclosed family rafting experience is unlike any other in the world!
• North America’s longest indoor uphill water coaster!
• Aquatopia’s Storm Chaser is the industry’s most exciting, gravity-defying water-based coaster that exists in any indoor waterpark in the U.S.
• Five major drops and four uphill humps give riders a feeling of weightlessness.
• Region’s only indoor head-first mat waterslide!
• AquaLucent lighting and high-speed drops make for a trippy plummet!
With a Leap of Faith, We are Free-falling, Spinning, Rushing Faster and Faster Towards the Earth Below…
• The rider steps into the AquaLaunch at the top of the tower before the trap door below opens and the rider plummets into a 60-foot thrill ride.
• Beginning with a free-fall, riders are quickly sent into a High-G looping flattened 360-degree turn at over 26 feet per second.
• This fully translucent, enclosed, feet first body slide allows spectators to watch riders zoom above them.
World’s First ‘Next Generation’ fully themed and immersive multi-level AquaPlay Structure!
• 1,000-gallon, themed giant dumping bucket sits perched at over 52 feet overhead.
• 84 interactive water effects including: bubbler and geyser jets, rotating dumping troughs, hose jets, pull ropes, tipping cones, water guns, plunger jets, water wheels and water cannons.
• 3,000+ square-foot, zero-depth entry pool at the base of the water play structure.
• Platforms and stairs separate interactive zones designed for different age levels, giving guests a choice of going to the slides or the interactive water features.
The Soothing Waters of this Mythical Lagoon Rejuvenate the Body after a Long Day…
• Indoor/outdoor family warm springs spa.
Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark and Arcadia Indoor Adventure Center totals 170,000 square feet of wet and dry adventure. It was voted the #1 indoor waterpark in the U.S. by USA and for good reason. For instance, the park is 84-degrees year-round. There are a total of 13 slides and seven pools, including a wavepool, an indoor/outdoor spa whirlpool, a lazy river and a toddlers’ pool. It is truly a marvel when it comes to indoor water parks. Check out a video of our day and don’t miss out on this incredibly vacation destination!